FRANCE: Côtes du Rhône wines regain ground in H1
Côtes du Rhône exports up in key markets
Exports of AOC Côtes du Rhône wines rose in both volume and value in the first half of the year on the same period in 2009, buoyed by a recovery in key markets such as the UK, US and Belgium, figures show.
Volumes increased by 5% to 273,755 hectolitres while value exports increased by 2.2% to almost EUR107.7m (US$136.5m), trade body InterRhone said today (24 August).
This contrasted sharply with the first half of 2009, when AOC Côtes du Rhône exports fell by 15% in volume and 14% in value on the first half of 2008.
In the first six months of 2010, volumes to the UK rose 24.4% to 63,031 hectolitres but export value was down 3.7%. There were also solid increases in volumes to Belgium (+8.6%) and the US (+9.5%).
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research