US: Côtes du Rhône launches Wine Makers promotion
Côtes du Rhône's official trade body has begun a nationwide promotional event in support of The Wine Makers, a new upcoming reality series in the US.
The campaign kicked off this week at the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America (WSWA) 66th Annual Convention and Exposition in Orlando, Florida, where attendees were shown a preview of the upcoming programme.
The series follows 12 cast members as they learn and experience the wine making process and compete in challenges focusing on all aspects of the profession, from viticulture and enology to sales and marketing, all for the opportunity to launch their own wine label.
Côtes du Rhône will also participate in a number of promotional events in other key markets across the country throughout the series.
"Our decision to support The Wine Makers was made as season one was filmed in Paso Robles, a region known for producing wines based on grapes originally from the Côtes du Rhône, famous for its Syrah and Grenache," said Oriane Beloud, US export marketing manager for Inter Rhône, the trade body for the Côtes du Rhône region.
"In the series, a challenge includes contestants making Rhône-style blends, which helps demonstrate the connection between Old World and New World wines as well."
Earlier this month I allowed myself to be invited along to the presentation dinner of the Decanter World Wine Awards. It was the usual mix of entertaining and excruciating: a good chance to catch up w...
Invivo New Zealand wine...
Invivo Wines by Invivo...
With this week marking the celebrations of the 250th anniversary of the Guinness stout brand, here are five facts about the brand....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018