US: Côtes du Rhône launches Wine Makers promotion
Côtes du Rhône's official trade body has begun a nationwide promotional event in support of The Wine Makers, a new upcoming reality series in the US.
The campaign kicked off this week at the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America (WSWA) 66th Annual Convention and Exposition in Orlando, Florida, where attendees were shown a preview of the upcoming programme.
The series follows 12 cast members as they learn and experience the wine making process and compete in challenges focusing on all aspects of the profession, from viticulture and enology to sales and marketing, all for the opportunity to launch their own wine label.
Côtes du Rhône will also participate in a number of promotional events in other key markets across the country throughout the series.
"Our decision to support The Wine Makers was made as season one was filmed in Paso Robles, a region known for producing wines based on grapes originally from the Côtes du Rhône, famous for its Syrah and Grenache," said Oriane Beloud, US export marketing manager for Inter Rhône, the trade body for the Côtes du Rhône region.
"In the series, a challenge includes contestants making Rhône-style blends, which helps demonstrate the connection between Old World and New World wines as well."
Earlier this month I allowed myself to be invited along to the presentation dinner of the Decanter World Wine Awards. It was the usual mix of entertaining and excruciating: a good chance to catch up w...
Invivo New Zealand wine...
Invivo Wines by Invivo...
With this week marking the celebrations of the 250th anniversary of the Guinness stout brand, here are five facts about the brand....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research