UK: Côtes du Rhône launches ad campaign
Côtes du Rhône, the regional French wine body, has launched a UK advertising campaign to be aired this week.
The campaign, which will break on 25 September and moves away from the cartoon hedgehog and hippo concept, will be supported by a GBP565,000 (US$1.05m) investment.
With the strap-line " Think Red, Think Côtes du Rhône Wines", the ad will run until the end of the year.
The three versions of the advert show the Côtes du Rhône glass appearing in unexpected situations.
"We wanted to keep the strengths of our previous campaign, but build on these and develop a more adult tone which can be enjoyed and understood by our core target audience," said Olivier Legrand, UK export manger, Inter Rhône.
"We believe that this new campaign really underlines the modern and unique side of the wines."
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down