USA: BuyerLink Networks Announces Key Executives for Food and Beverage Purchasing Hub
BuyerLink Networks, creator of e-commerce purchasing hubs serving the $3.9 trillion food and beverage industries, today announced the appointments of two co-founders to key positions in business development and marketing.Joe Buchanan, with more than 15 years of experience in the plastics and packaging industry, assumes the post of vice president, business development. Buchanan joined General Electric's Plastics Division in 1985, and developed new uses for GE's engineering resins in the consumer appliance market. In 1990, he focused on growing Quantum Chemical's dairy packaging business. After completing an MBA at the University of San Francisco in 1995, Buchanan joined Portola Packaging, Inc., one of the world's largest suppliers of plastic closures, bottles and related equipment used for packaging in the dairy, bottled water, fruit juice and institutional food industries. Most recently he was vice president of purchasing, e-commerce and product development at Portola. Buchanan has degrees in chemistry and chemical engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology and resides in San Francisco, California.Rich Witherspoon, vice president, marketing has more than 20 years experience in packaging and consumer products organizations. Prior to founding BuyerLink Networks, Witherspoon was responsible for expanding market share in Procter & Gamble's Food Products Division (NYSE: PG). Before that, Witherspoon worked for the Pepsi Cola Company where he focused on growing sales in food service and vending channels. Most recently, he held key positions in the food packaging industry with Liqui-Box Corporation and later Portola Packaging, where he was vice president, sales and marketing. Rich received his BA in economics from Columbia University and an MBA from Indiana Wesleyan University. Witherspoon and his family reside in San Jose, California.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report