UK: Burn Stewart updates UK sales operations
Burn Stewart Distillers has revamped its UK sales team and brought it back in-house.
The company, which is owned by UK-based drinks group CL World Brands, said today (18 June) that it has wrested control of the sales operations in the country from Paragon Vintners. The new team includes several staff from Paragon as well as new recruits. The switch comes on the back of a review of the Burn Stewart business.
Andy Calder heads up the new team as regional sales director, with Chris O'Rourke appointed as national account manager for the wholesale and cash-and-carry sector. In the off-trade, David Borthwick has rejoined the firm as national account manager.
"This new structure is already working, especially for (core brand) Scottish Leader," said Calder. "By bringing the sales function back to Scotland, we have ensured a continued focus on our core Scotch portfolio. We are very passionate about our brands and with this new structure we are always striving to add value to our wholesale and retail partners but importantly our end consumer".
Earlier this year, Burn Stewart announced that it has created a joint venture in Africa with Distell. The new venture will own and market Burn Stewart's Bunnahabhain Islay Single Malt and Black Bottle Blended Scotch Whisky brands in Sub-Saharan Africa. The two whiskies will join Scottish Leader, which Distell has been representing in South Africa since 1999, under the unit's control in the region.
India's UB Group is looking to buy the US distribution rights for Dalmore Single Malt from Beam Global Spirits & Wine, according to local reports....
Orkney Scotch whisky distillery Highland Park has launched a 21-year-old variant for the travel retail market....
Diageo North America is offering a special gift option for the Johnnie Walker Blue Label ultra-premium Scotch whisky brand, which will allow consumers to have a custom engraving on the bottles....
Savanna Cider, the South African cider brand owned by the Distell group, has appointed Anthony Mills as head of marketing with a brief to oversee its pan-European expansion....
Diageo has launched a sponsorship campaign for its Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker with professional golfer Jim Furyk....
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) has signed a three-year deal for its Glenmorangie single malt Scotch whisky to sponsor National Museums Scotland....
Distell has updated the packaging for its Two Oceans wine brand in the UK....
A London-centric advertising campaign has been unveiled for Distell's Savanna cider brand....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research