UK: Burn Stewart teams with Wray & Nephew in UK
Burn Stewart Distillers has secured a sales and distribution agreement in the UK with J. Wray & Nephew for the 'modern' on-trade.
The company, which is owned by CL Worldbrands, said today (20 April) that it will look to "gain further market penetration" for its Black Bottle and Bunnahabhain Scotch whisky brands in the modern on-trade channel in England and Wales with J. Wray and Nephew UK, "who have strong experience in this sector".
Burn Stewart said it will continue to handle distribution of the two brands in the 'traditional' on-and off-trade channels.
"Burn Stewart is pursuing a strategy with both leading brands through J. Wray and Nephew's reach in England and Wales to gain further success in the modern contemporary on-trade channels," said Andy Calder, Burn Stewart's sales director. "The success and effectiveness of our sales structure is extremely important to our long term brand development plans and this step will allow us to grow our brand portfolio in a manner that will support our strategic goals."
Diane Edwards, general manager of J. Wray & Nephew UK, added: "As the proud distributor of the premium Appleton Estate Rum range, we are excited to expand our portfolio with the addition of Black Bottle and Bunnahabhain, which we feel will significantly enhance our offering to the premium on trade and take us further in our strategic goal of developing a well rounded brand portfolio."
The move will take effect from 1 June.
Scotch whisky distillers have welcomed the signing of a free trade deal between the EU and South Korea, which will see cuts to import tax on their products....
Pernod Ricard's Chivas Brothers unit has launched this year's limited edition bottling of its flagship Chivas Regal Scotch whisky brand....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The duty-free industry's most important annual trade show, the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) World Exhibition, celebrates its 25th anniversary in Cannes next week. This US$37bn global business has...
Plummeting Champagne sales in the global economic downturn offset a recovery in Cognac and dented Rémy Cointreau's net sales in its fiscal half-year....
Diageo has reported a 6% fall in sales for its first fiscal quarter, but the drinks giant maintained profits guidance for the year....
United Spirits intends to raise funds via a share placement, after a collapse of talks with private equity groups over a stake sale....
Bacardi has launched a global multi-media advertising campaign entitled "Spirit of Bacardi"....
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research