UK: Burn Stewart launches Ledaig 10-year-old
Burn Stewart Distillers has added to its stable of single malt Scotch whiskies with the launch of Ledaig 10-year-old.
The whisky, produced on the Isle of Mull, will be available in export markets only, with the exception of Norway, the company said today (5 January).
A spokesperson for Burn Stewart said the 10-year-old would not initially be available in the UK as the company already sells its Ledaig Collection in its domestic market. She added the 10-year-old would be targeted at key single malt markets in the US and Europe.
With an abv of 43%, the Ledaig 10-year-old is described as having "an idyllic balance of peat, smoke and wood".
The launch is Burn Stewart's latest push behind its portfolio. Last month, the company, owned by UK-based drinks group CL World Brands, unveiled websites for its Black Bottle and Bunnahabhain brands.
Burn Stewart Distillers has revamped its UK sales team and brought it back in-house....
CL World Brands have quashed reports in India that the company is in talks over a possible joint venture with local firm John Distillers (JDL)....
CL Financial, the parent of UK-based drinks group CL World Brands, looks set to buy a US distillery from Pernod Ricard....
Burn Stewart Distillers has launched two websites for a brace of its Scotch whisky brands....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends