UK: Burn Stewart announces football sponsorships
Scotch whisky producer Burn Stewart Distillers has announced that its Scottish Leader Blended Scotch Whisky brand is to become the Official Whisky for three major Scottish football clubs.
As the Official Whisky of Celtic, Heart of Midlothian and Glasgow Rangers, Scottish Leader will be available in all bars at the clubs' stadiums. The brand will also have advertising space on pitch-side hoardings and Burn Stewart will be able to enjoy hospitality at each of the three grounds.
To complement these tie-ups, Burn Stewart today (27 November) also announced a sponsorship agreement with both Celtic and Rangers TV. Five bottles of Scottish Leader are to be given away each week on two programmes, The Daily Huddle and Ibrox Uncovered live, as part of the 'man of the match' competition.
"The global appeal of Scottish Leader and Celtic, Hearts and Rangers mean that this sponsorship will work for us on many levels," said Burn Stewart's Marco Di Ciacca. "We are delighted to forge links with the clubs and will look to build on this relationship in future seasons."
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
The recent takeover of Whyte & Mackay by the Indian UB Group is hardly the first time the Glasgow-based Scotch whisky producer has changed hands over the past 20 years or so. Patience Gould, who has s...
Blended Scotch whisky producers are banking on emerging markets to provide the growth to offset flat or declining sales elsewhere but a new report from just-drinks suggests this cannot be expected as ...
It may not be as well known as Scotch or bourbon but Japanese whisky is winning plaudits for quality and gaining ground internationally. Marcin Miller believes the growing popularity of Japanese cuisi...
A senior executive at Whyte & Mackay has called for the spirits industry to "pull the dogs off" in its pursuit of reduced tariff levels in India....
Chivas Brothers has launched an extensive campaign to promote its entire Ballantine's Scotch whisky range internationally....
Whyte & Mackay has trumpeted the arrival of India's UB Group into the Scotch whisky industry. The company, which was bought today (16 May) by UB for GBP595m (US$1.18bn) believes the entry of UB, owned...
The Scotch Whisky Association has broadly welcomed today's (16 May) purchase of Whyte & Mackay by India's UB Group....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015