FRANCE: Burgundy wine trade body plans marketing drive
Burgundy wine body details export marketing spend
Burgundy's wine trade body, the BIVB, is planning to invest EUR1.85m (US$2.5m) annually over the next three years to market the region's wines in key export markets.
The export drive will focus on the US, UK, Belgium, Japan and China. It is part of a five-year strategy to make Burgundy "a world leader for great wines born out sustainable production methods,” said BIVB president Michel Baldassini today (14 January).
The BIVB was recently buoyed by encouraging results from its biggest export market, the UK, where volume and value sales rose by 23% and 16% respectively in the first nine months of 2010. If this trend continued in the final quarter, then losses incurred in 2009 would be almost wiped off, the BIVB said.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future