UK: Bulmer may buy Scottish distributor
The UK's largest cider company, HP Bulmer, is negotiating to buy a Scottish distribution company in a bid to boost the presence of its Strongbow and Scrumpy Jack brands in both the on- and off-trade in Scotland. Bulmer believes such an acquisition in Scotland will complement its Beer Seller distribution operation in England. The value of the deal is thought to be in the low millions because of the company's high borrowings. Bulmer CEO, Mike Hughes, has not commented on the deal other than to say that the company is looking at a "possible acquisition" in Scotland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits