AUSTRALIA: Bulk wine website launched
Ewinexchange, a bulk wine trading company, has begun business with a flourish, turning over $A4m of wine in its first three weeks of operation.Adelaide-based ewinexchange has been established as a winery-to-winery and winery-to-retailer business, posting details of wines being sought and wines which are available, testing and categorising them and handling sales between wineries and brokering deals between wineries and bottlers filling orders for retailers.Southcorp, BRL Hardy and Simeon have been early clients as have bottlers operating for supermarket chains Tesco, Sainsbury and Aldi.Chairman Rob Byrne, formerly MD of Normans Wines, said that 4m litres of wine was currently available with a turnover of $60m being forecast for the first year of operations.Plans were to take the business into Europe and the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends