AUSTRALIA: Bulk wine website launched
Ewinexchange, a bulk wine trading company, has begun business with a flourish, turning over $A4m of wine in its first three weeks of operation.Adelaide-based ewinexchange has been established as a winery-to-winery and winery-to-retailer business, posting details of wines being sought and wines which are available, testing and categorising them and handling sales between wineries and brokering deals between wineries and bottlers filling orders for retailers.Southcorp, BRL Hardy and Simeon have been early clients as have bottlers operating for supermarket chains Tesco, Sainsbury and Aldi.Chairman Rob Byrne, formerly MD of Normans Wines, said that 4m litres of wine was currently available with a turnover of $60m being forecast for the first year of operations.Plans were to take the business into Europe and the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends