AUSTRALIA: Bulk wine website launched
Ewinexchange, a bulk wine trading company, has begun business with a flourish, turning over $A4m of wine in its first three weeks of operation.Adelaide-based ewinexchange has been established as a winery-to-winery and winery-to-retailer business, posting details of wines being sought and wines which are available, testing and categorising them and handling sales between wineries and brokering deals between wineries and bottlers filling orders for retailers.Southcorp, BRL Hardy and Simeon have been early clients as have bottlers operating for supermarket chains Tesco, Sainsbury and Aldi.Chairman Rob Byrne, formerly MD of Normans Wines, said that 4m litres of wine was currently available with a turnover of $60m being forecast for the first year of operations.Plans were to take the business into Europe and the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO