AUSTRALIA: Bulk wine website launched
Ewinexchange, a bulk wine trading company, has begun business with a flourish, turning over $A4m of wine in its first three weeks of operation.Adelaide-based ewinexchange has been established as a winery-to-winery and winery-to-retailer business, posting details of wines being sought and wines which are available, testing and categorising them and handling sales between wineries and brokering deals between wineries and bottlers filling orders for retailers.Southcorp, BRL Hardy and Simeon have been early clients as have bottlers operating for supermarket chains Tesco, Sainsbury and Aldi.Chairman Rob Byrne, formerly MD of Normans Wines, said that 4m litres of wine was currently available with a turnover of $60m being forecast for the first year of operations.Plans were to take the business into Europe and the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China