ARGENTINA: Bulk shipments drive wine exports in H1 - figures
Argentina's wine exports posted a healthy rise in the first six months of this year, according to recently-released data.
From January to June, exports leapt by 29.5% in volume terms year-on-year, hitting 228.2m litres, trade body Wines of Argentina said earlier this week. In value terms, wine exports came in at US$537.7m, an increase of 15.3%.
Shipments in bulk soared in the period, up by 182.3% in volume and by 184.5% in value, while bottled exports fell in volume by 5.4% and inched up by 1.7% in value.
Although the US continued to hold the top spot for Argentine bottled wine exports (down 7.9% in volume, up 1.7% in value), Brazil, Sweden and Switzerland all saw shipments slip in the six-month period.
A total of ten wine brands accounted for around 50% of total exports in the first half of the year, according to the data.
To download the full report, click here.
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research