BULGARIA: Bulgarian wine production cuts planned as sales plummet
Bulgarian wine production is to suffer a set back this autumn because of a shrinking domestic and European export market, Margot Todorov president of the country's leading winery Domaine Boyar has told the Bulgarian press. Todorov has said that some of the big players in the field, for example Domaine Boyar and Seaboard, are planning joint ventures, however this did not mean a merger only future cooperation.Smaller quantities of grapes will be bought this year and if demand drops further the purchase price of grapes will fall below last year's levels, even if the harvest is good, Todorov said.Sine the beginning of the year Bulgarian exports of premium quality wines to the EU has dropped by some 20%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015