BULGARIA: Bulgarian wine production cuts planned as sales plummet
Bulgarian wine production is to suffer a set back this autumn because of a shrinking domestic and European export market, Margot Todorov president of the country's leading winery Domaine Boyar has told the Bulgarian press. Todorov has said that some of the big players in the field, for example Domaine Boyar and Seaboard, are planning joint ventures, however this did not mean a merger only future cooperation.Smaller quantities of grapes will be bought this year and if demand drops further the purchase price of grapes will fall below last year's levels, even if the harvest is good, Todorov said.Sine the beginning of the year Bulgarian exports of premium quality wines to the EU has dropped by some 20%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends