BULGARIA: Bulgarian wine production cuts planned as sales plummet
Bulgarian wine production is to suffer a set back this autumn because of a shrinking domestic and European export market, Margot Todorov president of the country's leading winery Domaine Boyar has told the Bulgarian press. Todorov has said that some of the big players in the field, for example Domaine Boyar and Seaboard, are planning joint ventures, however this did not mean a merger only future cooperation.Smaller quantities of grapes will be bought this year and if demand drops further the purchase price of grapes will fall below last year's levels, even if the harvest is good, Todorov said.Sine the beginning of the year Bulgarian exports of premium quality wines to the EU has dropped by some 20%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends