BULGARIA: Bulgarian wine production cuts planned as sales plummet
Bulgarian wine production is to suffer a set back this autumn because of a shrinking domestic and European export market, Margot Todorov president of the country's leading winery Domaine Boyar has told the Bulgarian press. Todorov has said that some of the big players in the field, for example Domaine Boyar and Seaboard, are planning joint ventures, however this did not mean a merger only future cooperation.Smaller quantities of grapes will be bought this year and if demand drops further the purchase price of grapes will fall below last year's levels, even if the harvest is good, Todorov said.Sine the beginning of the year Bulgarian exports of premium quality wines to the EU has dropped by some 20%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research