Product Launch - US: Buffalo Trace Distillery's Colonel EH Taylor Jr straight rye whiskey
Click through to view Buffalo Trace Distillery's Colonel EH Taylor Jr straight rye whiskey
Buffalo Trace Distillery's Colonel EH Taylor Jr straight rye whiskey
Category - Spirits, whiskey, US, rye, 50% abv
Available - From the end of this month
Location - US, specific details not disclosed
Price – SRP of US$69.99 per 75cl bottle
Buffalo Trace has lined up the launch of the fifth in its EH Taylor Jr range of American whiskeys. Like the previous four, the straight rye whiskey will be available for a limited – albeit unspecified – time.
The spirits brand is owned by New Orleans-based Sazerac, which has been busy boosting its spirits stable of late.
BUFFALO TRACE DISTILLERY RELEASES COLONEL E.H. TAYLOR, JR. RYE RECIPE WHISKEY
FRANKFORT, FRANKLIN COUNTY, KY (Aug 7, 2012)
Straight Rye Whiskey has experienced a strong resurgence in the American whiskey landscape, yet Colonel E. H. Taylor, Jr. was making this style over 100 years ago. The latest offering from Buffalo Trace Distillery pays tribute to the former Distillery owner with a small batch, Bottled-In-Bond, 100 proof, straight rye whiskey from days long past.
An altogether different recipe and profile than Sazerac Rye, this recipe contains just rye and malted barley, no corn. The result is an aroma full of dried fruit, black pepper, and touch of fresh dill. A small sip brings an array of flavors both sweet and savory with a terrific balance of dark spices and subtle caramel overtones. The finish is especially pleasing with an oaky dryness that lingers just long enough.
The Straight Rye Whiskey is the fifth in the line of the E. H. Taylor, Jr. collection of whiskeys. It joins the Old Fashioned Sour Mash Bourbon, Single Barrel Bourbon, Warehouse C Tornado Surviving Bourbon and Barrel Proof Bourbon that have all been released since early 2011. Like the previous four releases, this whiskey will have very limited availability and will be packaged in a vintage label and canister reminiscent of Taylor’s bottles over one hundred years ago.
Taylor is widely considered one of the founding fathers of the bourbon industry, fighting for the Bottled-in-Bond Act of 1897, nearly three decades after he purchased the distillery that is known today as the Buffalo Trace Distillery. During his time, Taylor implemented several innovative methods still used today by Buffalo Trace, such as climate controlled aging warehouses. In addition to his bourbon interests, Taylor had political ties. He was the great-nephew of President Zachary Taylor and elected the mayor of Frankfort, state representative to the Kentucky General Assembly and a member of the State Senate.
The Colonel E.H. Taylor, Jr. Straight Rye Whiskey will be available in late August and will be released annually each year. The suggested retail price is $69.99 for a 750ml bottle.
Original source: Company Release
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research