UK: Budweiser to get promo push
Anheuser-Busch is launching its biggest UK promotion so far for Budweiser.
The US brewing giant will this week unveil 'Bud Bucks', an interactive campaign that centres on unique codes displayed on 400 million bottles and cans of Budweiser in the UK.
Consumers can text or email in the code to claim their Bud Bucks and will be notified by text message of their Bud Bucks value. Every Budweiser has a random, "virtual" value, ranging from $5 to $100. Once consumers have created a profile, they can access their online account to see how many Bud Bucks they have accumulated.
This virtual cash can then be used to buy, bid on or win a series of prizes including a trip to the Tribeca Film Festival in New York, or skiing in Aspen, Colorado.
"Our consumer audience is into everything that is interactive, and they embrace new technology with a passion," said Vicki Kipling, Budweiser's group controller. "Bud Bucks gives them an opportunity to collect a new virtual currency and use it how they wish; they decide themselves what to bid for or buy."
The promotion will be supported by a full-scale marketing campaign and will be featured on all Budweiser 330ml and 300ml bottles plus 440ml and 500ml cans.
Last week, A-B said that its international volumes had risen over 9% during 2006. The brewer said, however, that volumes had fallen in the UK and Ireland.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The drinks industry has come under attack in the US for supposedly using energy drinks to mask the effect of alcohol....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has posted an impressive leap in operating and net profit in the year so far....
US drinks distributor Silver Eagle Distributors L.P. has acquired all assets of BudCo, the Anheuser-Busch and Grupo Modelo sales, marketing and distribution company for 13 counties in South Texas....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady rise in profits and sales for its second quarter....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
InBev and SABMiller have had their share coverage raised....
Anheuser-Busch has lined up a super-premium natural spring water for distribution in the US....
Budejovicky Budvar has seen beer exports to the US leap in the first half of this year....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research