US: Budweiser sponsors Daytona Int'l Speedway
Budweiser has signed a multi-year agreement to become the official beer of Daytona International Speedway
The deal includes official beer status, signage rights during all of the NASCAR track's eight annual events, and the renaming of a concession area to 'The Budweiser Bistro'.
Budweiser's parent company Anheuser-Busch's Busch beer has been the title sponsor of the NASCAR Busch Series since the circuit's inception in 1982.
Tony Ponturo, Anheuser-Busch vice president, global media and sports marketing, said: "We're excited to be involved in 'The Great American Race' and all of the thrilling action at Daytona International Speedway. Sponsoring Daytona is a great way to reach our beer drinkers through a sport and venue they are very passionate about."
Budweiser is also the official beer of several European sporting events this year, such as the Winter Olympics in Italy, the FIFA World Cup in Germany, and the Ryder Cup in Ireland.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch may have to reinstate workers it dismissed after catching inappropriate behaviour using hidden cameras....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
China's largest brewer Tsingtao Brewery has reported a 16.4% jump in net profit for the year to Y285m, according to local reports....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China