US: Budweiser goes saucy
Beer giant Anheuser-Busch and Vita Food Products have joined forces to extend the Budweiser trademark in the food arena.
The two companies will launch a line of Budweiser sauces, including a baste, two barbecue sauces and a wing sauce. Through a licensing agreement, Vita Food Products will create and distribute the line in time to celebrate Independence Day.
"When we think about summer, we think about getting together with friends, grilling and enjoying ice cold Budweiser," said Randall Blackford, director of Budweiser marketing, Anheuser-Busch. "There are few things as distinctly American as Budweiser and barbecuing, and our line of Budweiser-branded sauces provides another way for home cooks and grillers to add flavour to their dishes."
The Budweiser sauces will be available at grocery, gourmet and convenience stores and in casual dining chains.
"Vita is pleased to partner with Anheuser-Busch to further the brand exposure of Budweiser within the food industry and provide sauces with exceptional tastes similar to that of Budweiser beer," said Stephen D. Rubin, president of Vita Food Products.
Major brewing groups are clamouring to get into India, which, by dint of its young population, expanding economy and rising personal disposable income offers huge growth potential. International group...
Having once produced earnings and revenue growth as regularly as clockwork, US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch stuttered last year. But there are signs that the brewer is quickly regaining its touch, wri...
Anheuser-Busch has said it hopes to capitalise on the trend for low-carb products in Australia with the launch of Michelob Ultra....
Anheuser-Busch is repeating its offering of limited edition beers for the festive season....
Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo has posted a healthy rise in third-quarter sales and profits....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a 26% jump in third-quarter profits thanks largely to growing international sales....
German brewer Bitburger has lost its appeal against an EU court ruling allowing Anheuser-Busch to register its Bud, American Bud and Anheuser-Busch Bud brands....
US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch is to launch Budweiser in Paraguay....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research