EUROPE: Budvar/Anheuser both claim courtroom victories
The ongoing legal dispute between Anheuser-Busch and Czech brewer Budejovicky over the rights to the trademark "Bud" heated up in more courtroom drama last week - with both parties claiming victory. Firstly, Bulgaria's Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court ruled in favour of the Czech brewer. This allowed the company to become the exclusive trade representative of Budweiser in Bulgaria after Anheuser-Busch filed a claim with the country's patent office. A Bulgarian city court also rejected Anheuser's claim back in 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role