SPAIN: Budvar ordered to stop using Budweiser name
"Anheuser-Busch, brewer of Budweiser, has successfully enforced its rights to the Budweiser trademark in Spain, securing the company's exclusive right to use the Budweiser name in that country," an A-B statement claimed.
The Spain Provincial Court of Appeals apparently ruled that the Czech brewer, Budejovicky Budvar, must cease sales of beer in Spain under the Budweiser Budvar trademark. In addition, the court ruled that Anheuser-Busch is entitled to damages resulting from Budejovicky Budvar's infringement of Anheuser-Busch's trademark.
"This decision affirms our right to the Budweiser name, as many other courts have agreed, while supporting our view that Budvar has no right to the Budweiser name," said Stephen J. Burrows, president and chief executive officer, Anheuser-Busch International, Inc. "We're pleased with the court's decision because Anheuser-Busch is the brewer that built the Budweiser trademark around the world and began using the Budweiser trademark in 1876, 19 years before the Budvar brewery was established."
As of yet there was no statement from Budejovicky Budvar.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch has reiterated its 2005 earnings per share outlook....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report