CZECH: Budvar credits A-B with US export leap
Budejovicky Budvar has seen beer exports to the US leap in the first half of this year.
The Czech brewer said yesterday (16 July) that exports to the country in the first six months of 2007 leapt by 58% year-on-year, thanks in part to the import deal Budvar signed in the country with long-time foe Anheuser-Busch earlier this year. Specific figures, however, were not disclosed.
Earlier this month, the company posted an 11% sales volume rise for the first half.
Speaking to Dow Jones, Budvar sales director Robert Chrt said that sales to the US exceeded the brewer's forecasts and the company expects very good exports to the US for the whole-year.
Budejovicky Budvar is the third-largest brewer in the country and ranks among the leading Czech beer exporters. Last year, the company boosted its beer output by 5% to 1.15m hectolitres and its exports by 7% to 556,000 hectolitres.
The Czech government has warned that the privatisation of state-owned brewer Budejovicky Budvar will not happen this term, according to local reports....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed details of its regular quarterly dividend....
Budejovicky Budvar has posted a lift in annual production and exports....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has seen volumes in 2007 rise on the year before...
Anheuser-Busch has reported a lift in shipment volumes in the US for 2007....
FEMSA Cerveza has confirmed that it is raising its prices in Mexico....
SABMiller has ruled out speculation that it is looking to list in the US next year....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research