CZECH: Budvar brewer in bottling upgrade
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has spent CZK60m (US$2.8m) on upgrading its bottling lines as part of plans to sell its beer in a broader range of packaging.
The state-run brewer said the two bottling lines would improve efficiency at its brewery in Ceské Budejovice.
"We have replaced the original outdated and worn-out machines, which have not been fully meeting today's demands on beer packing anymore and could not satisfy customers' needs," said Budweiser Budvar's production manager Josef Tolar.
The brewer said a new carton-packing machine would help it insert free gifts into its Budvar packaging as part of its promotional activities.
Beer production in the Czech Republic hit a record high in the first half of this year, according to recent figures....
Budejovicky Budvar has seen beer exports to the US leap in the first half of this year....
Budejovicky Budvar has sold 11% more beer in H1 than last year, according to reports....
Anheuser-Busch has claimed victory over Budejovicky Budvar in 12 European trademark decisions. The Czech-based brewer, however, has moved to play down the ruling, claiming it is "not a threat" to its ...
Czech brewing company Budejovicky Budvar is considering plans to distribute Carlsberg beer in the Czech Republic....
Anheuser-Busch says it has come out on top in the latest two rounds of its trademark row with Budejovicky Budvar....
Budejovicky Budvar has claimed victory in the latest twist in its long-running trademark battle with Anheuser-Busch....
The Czech Prime Minister is to visit state-owned brewer Budejovicky Budvar on Friday (6 April) to hold talks on the company's future, just-drinks understands....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research