CZECH: Budejovicky Budvar sets over-21 "age limit" on strong beer
Click through to view Budvar's gift pack and age-limit statement
Budejovicky Budvar's brand Premier Select is to carry an over-21 age recommendation because only “connoisseurs” with drinking experience can appreciate it, the company has said.
The recommendation is printed on labels and packaging and also on POS materials promoting the 7.5% abv pilsner in the Czech Republic, the brewer told just-drinks today (20 March). It will also feature on the Premier Select gift pack, launched in the country last week, Budvar said.
“The beer is very special and the flavour and taste need to be experienced by connoisseurs who can appreciate the quality of the beer,” a company spokesperson said.
Budvar had earlier said the recommendation also served to warn young people of the label's higher alcohol content. It also said the age limit could not be legally enforced and was a “voluntary contribution to public education”.
This week Budvar launched a limited-edition release of Premier Select into the on-trade made with freshly harvested hops.
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Czech Republic beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insigh...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research