CZECH: Budejovicky Budvar sets over-21 "age limit" on strong beer
Click through to view Budvar's gift pack and age-limit statement
Budejovicky Budvar's brand Premier Select is to carry an over-21 age recommendation because only “connoisseurs” with drinking experience can appreciate it, the company has said.
The recommendation is printed on labels and packaging and also on POS materials promoting the 7.5% abv pilsner in the Czech Republic, the brewer told just-drinks today (20 March). It will also feature on the Premier Select gift pack, launched in the country last week, Budvar said.
“The beer is very special and the flavour and taste need to be experienced by connoisseurs who can appreciate the quality of the beer,” a company spokesperson said.
Budvar had earlier said the recommendation also served to warn young people of the label's higher alcohol content. It also said the age limit could not be legally enforced and was a “voluntary contribution to public education”.
This week Budvar launched a limited-edition release of Premier Select into the on-trade made with freshly harvested hops.
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Czech Republic beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insigh...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research