CZECH/US: Budejovicky Budvar readies Czechvar dark for US
Click through to view Czechvar dark
Budejovicky Budvar has lined up a brand extension for its Czechvar beer in the US.
The Czech brewer, which sells its Budvar beer under the name Czechvar in the US, confirmed earlier today (22 November) that it has started shipping a dark version of the brand to the country. Czechvar dark will join pale Czechvar on the east and west coasts.
An initial consignment of around 300 hectolitres left the Budvar brewery earlier this week, bound for New Jersey and California. When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for the company said that the first targets are “selected big cities on the east and west coast”. The spokesperson declined to comment on specific locations, nor would he give details about extending distribution in the country.
Importation will be handled by Connecticut-based United States Beverage, whom Budvar dropped Anheuser-Busch InBev in favour of earlier this year.
Czechvar dark will be on shelves in 30cl bottles from January.
Czechvar is the name Budvar uses for its namesake brand in the US to circumvent its long-standing trademark row with A-B InBev in the country.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?