CZECH: Budejovicky Budvar posts seven-month volumes rise as exports jump
Budejovicky Budvar has seen exports grow sales by 15%
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has reported a 10% rise in beer volumes in the first seven months of this year.
Group sales of core brand Budvar Premium Lager rose by 8% in the seven months to the end of July, the company said. Total canned sales doubled.
Budvar said the bulk of its sales growth came from exports, which rose by 15% in the seven-month period. Sales for non-filtered yeast beer Budweiser Budvar Cvikl “progressed well”, the company added.
The brewer said that sales of Carlsberg's cider brand, Somersby, in Czech also saw a two-fold increase in the period. Budvar is the exclusive distributor of the cider brand in the country. A pear flavoured version of Somersby was released in Czech in May.
In March, Budvar set a suggested over-21 age limit on its Premier Select high-alcohol beer.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research