CZECH: Budejovicky Budvar posts seven-month volumes rise as exports jump
Budejovicky Budvar has seen exports grow sales by 15%
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has reported a 10% rise in beer volumes in the first seven months of this year.
Group sales of core brand Budvar Premium Lager rose by 8% in the seven months to the end of July, the company said. Total canned sales doubled.
Budvar said the bulk of its sales growth came from exports, which rose by 15% in the seven-month period. Sales for non-filtered yeast beer Budweiser Budvar Cvikl “progressed well”, the company added.
The brewer said that sales of Carlsberg's cider brand, Somersby, in Czech also saw a two-fold increase in the period. Budvar is the exclusive distributor of the cider brand in the country. A pear flavoured version of Somersby was released in Czech in May.
In March, Budvar set a suggested over-21 age limit on its Premier Select high-alcohol beer.
The world’s fourth largest brewer, Carlsberg is working to reduce its reliance on struggling European markets. This profile considers the company’s decision to focus on emerging Asian markets and anal...
Beer in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile al...
Beer in Sweden industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile al...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch