CZECH: Budejovicky Budvar posts seven-month volumes rise as exports jump
Budejovicky Budvar has seen exports grow sales by 15%
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has reported a 10% rise in beer volumes in the first seven months of this year.
Group sales of core brand Budvar Premium Lager rose by 8% in the seven months to the end of July, the company said. Total canned sales doubled.
Budvar said the bulk of its sales growth came from exports, which rose by 15% in the seven-month period. Sales for non-filtered yeast beer Budweiser Budvar Cvikl “progressed well”, the company added.
The brewer said that sales of Carlsberg's cider brand, Somersby, in Czech also saw a two-fold increase in the period. Budvar is the exclusive distributor of the cider brand in the country. A pear flavoured version of Somersby was released in Czech in May.
In March, Budvar set a suggested over-21 age limit on its Premier Select high-alcohol beer.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts