CZECH: Budejovicky Budvar posts seven-month volumes rise as exports jump
Budejovicky Budvar has seen exports grow sales by 15%
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has reported a 10% rise in beer volumes in the first seven months of this year.
Group sales of core brand Budvar Premium Lager rose by 8% in the seven months to the end of July, the company said. Total canned sales doubled.
Budvar said the bulk of its sales growth came from exports, which rose by 15% in the seven-month period. Sales for non-filtered yeast beer Budweiser Budvar Cvikl “progressed well”, the company added.
The brewer said that sales of Carlsberg's cider brand, Somersby, in Czech also saw a two-fold increase in the period. Budvar is the exclusive distributor of the cider brand in the country. A pear flavoured version of Somersby was released in Czech in May.
In March, Budvar set a suggested over-21 age limit on its Premier Select high-alcohol beer.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report