CZECH: Budejovicky Budvar posts seven-month volumes rise as exports jump
Budejovicky Budvar has seen exports grow sales by 15%
Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has reported a 10% rise in beer volumes in the first seven months of this year.
Group sales of core brand Budvar Premium Lager rose by 8% in the seven months to the end of July, the company said. Total canned sales doubled.
Budvar said the bulk of its sales growth came from exports, which rose by 15% in the seven-month period. Sales for non-filtered yeast beer Budweiser Budvar Cvikl “progressed well”, the company added.
The brewer said that sales of Carlsberg's cider brand, Somersby, in Czech also saw a two-fold increase in the period. Budvar is the exclusive distributor of the cider brand in the country. A pear flavoured version of Somersby was released in Czech in May.
In March, Budvar set a suggested over-21 age limit on its Premier Select high-alcohol beer.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research