CZECH: Budejovicky Budvar legal adviser selected - report
The Czech government has selected a law firm to handle Budejovicky Budvar's switch from state-owned brewer to a joint-stock company, according to local reports.
Czech newspaper Hospodarske Noviny said yesterday (11 March) that Kriz & Belina has been selected as legal adviser for the move. The switch to joint-stock company is widely believed to pre-empt the outright move to take the brewer private at some point in the future.
Without citing sources, the paper also said that the Czech authorities are hoping to raise "tens of billions of crowns" (CZK1bn = US$61.7m) from the sale, but that the divestment would not take place this year.
Earlier reports from the country have suggested that the current Government is looking to privatise Budvar at some point before the end of its term in office, in 2010.
Both A-B and InBev have been linked to a possible bid for Budvar, although neither has consistently commented on the reports.
Budvar is thought to be worth between CZK20bn (US$1.01bn) and CZK40bn.
InBev has called a shareholders meeting for later this month, to vote on its purchase of Anheuser-Busch....
Coors Brewers has blamed "extraordinary times" in the UK beer market for its decision to up wholesale prices in the country later this month....
InBev has announced it has completed the first phase of financing its takeover of Anheuser-Busch, thanks to strong support from key bankers....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
InBev UK has unveiled a new-look Stella Artois bottle in a bid to raise the brand's profile and is "harmonising" the abv of the brand at 5% in both the on- and off-trade....
InBev has been asked for further information from the US Department of Justice before receiving clearance for its acquisition of Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has said CEO August Busch IV is in talks to sign a multi-million dollar consultancy contract with the brewer's prospective new owners, InBev....
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers and a fresh round of industry consolidation have given brewers in the US reasons to be optimistic, a report says....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages