PORTUGAL: Budejovicky Budvar claims Portuguese trademark victory
Czech brewery Budejovicky Budvar has announced that the patent office in Portugal has registered its Budweiser Budvar trademark, in spite of objections from US beer giant Anheuser-Busch, which is engaged in a long-running international trademark dispute with the Czech firm.
The Czech brewer claimed the registration as a victory in its protracted trademark battle with A-B. "It's a good signal for our activities on the (Portuguese) market," said Petr Samec, spokesperson for Budejovicky Budvar, adding that the company had first applied to have the trademark registered in Portugal in 1999.
Samec said the ruling was final, and was in line with a previous decision by the Supreme Court, which upheld Budejovicky Budvar's historical rights to the Budweiser Budvar trademark as a place of origin.
Anheuser-Busch has not yet commented on the ruling.
A strong export performance has contributed to a healthy climb in Q1 sales and profit at Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
Tsingtao Brewery has posted a leap in earnings for the first quarter of 2007....
Anheuser-Busch has announced changes in four key management positions....
Anheuser-Busch says it has come out on top in the latest two rounds of its trademark row with Budejovicky Budvar....
Anheuser-Busch has released three additions to its Michelob portfolio in the US....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady start to its year so far. The US-based brewer yesterday (25 April) reported a 3.7% year-on-year lift in Q1 net income, which hit US$518m....
A milk beer, a caffeine-infused vodka and water with flower essences are some of the new drinks products launched this month....
Grupo Modelo has lined up its annual dividend payment for shareholders....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview