US: Bud Light extends volleyball sponsorship
Anheuser-Busch InBev brand Bud Light will continue to sponsor the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour after signing a three-year contract extension.
Bud Light will be the presenting sponsor at three AVP Crocs Tour events - Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Huntington Beach.
In addition to on-site presence, Bud Light will have category exclusivity across broadcast, online and advertising platforms. The sponsorship will also include local activation and national promotional efforts.
"Our renewed support of the AVP Tour is part of our continued investment for Bud Light in lifestyle sports," said Dan McHugh, vice president, media, sponsorship and activation, Anheuser-Busch. "The AVP Tour attracts adult beer drinkers interested in the beach, sports and good times with friends. Needless to say, this is a great environment for the Bud Light brand."
The partnership between the AVP and Anheuser-Busch dates back to 2001 when Michelob Light was named the official beer sponsor of the tour. In 2003, Bud Light took over the role.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Lion Nathan is to distribute the Budweiser portfolio of brands in Australia from December, the company announced this week....
Blackstone Group is looking at a possible deal to buy Anheuser-Busch InBev's theme parks, according to reports....
The Irish Competition Authority has given Clonmel-based drinks group C&C the go-ahead for its EUR205.2m (US$300.8m) purchase of the Tennant's lager brand and assets in Scotland and Northern Ireland....
See the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Private equity group CVC Capital Partners still intends to acquire Anheuser-Busch InBev brewing assets in Eastern Europe, just-drinks understands....
InBev UK, the divsion of Anheuser-Busch InBev, is to launch an advertising campaign for its alcohol-free Beck's Blue brand....
The CEO of Canada's Brick Brewing Company has told just-drinks his business will "aggressively defend" an intellectual property lawsuit brought by Anheuser-Busch InBev....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates sees H1 sales, profits soar
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends