USA: Bud Light, Corona Make Strong Gains in Brand Races
U.S. beer drinkers scored a 10-year record high in 1999, with consumption rising by 93 million gallons, it is reported in Beer in the U.S., 2000 edition, the 17th annual study of the U.S. beer market by Beverage Marketing Corporation, the leading provider of data and consulting services to the worldwide beverage industry. Domestic brewers and importers alike "delighted in a 3-billion barrel surge in beer volume, the industry's best performance in a decade," the report declares. As a key factor in this advance, it cites growth in the number of adult drinkers and an accompanying rise in per capita consumption, equivalent to 22.3 gallons for every U.S. resident for the year. Other factors contributing to both volume growth and profitability included widespread price increases, consolidation among domestic producers, a favorable economic climate and a growing "appreciation of the health benefits of moderate alcohol consumption."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018