USA: Bud Light, Corona Make Strong Gains in Brand Races
U.S. beer drinkers scored a 10-year record high in 1999, with consumption rising by 93 million gallons, it is reported in Beer in the U.S., 2000 edition, the 17th annual study of the U.S. beer market by Beverage Marketing Corporation, the leading provider of data and consulting services to the worldwide beverage industry. Domestic brewers and importers alike "delighted in a 3-billion barrel surge in beer volume, the industry's best performance in a decade," the report declares. As a key factor in this advance, it cites growth in the number of adult drinkers and an accompanying rise in per capita consumption, equivalent to 22.3 gallons for every U.S. resident for the year. Other factors contributing to both volume growth and profitability included widespread price increases, consolidation among domestic producers, a favorable economic climate and a growing "appreciation of the health benefits of moderate alcohol consumption."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts