USA: Bud Light, Corona Make Strong Gains in Brand Races
U.S. beer drinkers scored a 10-year record high in 1999, with consumption rising by 93 million gallons, it is reported in Beer in the U.S., 2000 edition, the 17th annual study of the U.S. beer market by Beverage Marketing Corporation, the leading provider of data and consulting services to the worldwide beverage industry. Domestic brewers and importers alike "delighted in a 3-billion barrel surge in beer volume, the industry's best performance in a decade," the report declares. As a key factor in this advance, it cites growth in the number of adult drinkers and an accompanying rise in per capita consumption, equivalent to 22.3 gallons for every U.S. resident for the year. Other factors contributing to both volume growth and profitability included widespread price increases, consolidation among domestic producers, a favorable economic climate and a growing "appreciation of the health benefits of moderate alcohol consumption."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends