UK: Buckingham appoints account manager
UK wine agent Buckingham Vintners has appointed another national account manager.
Jason Morrison is set to join the company from Dr. Oetker UK, where he managed the commercial team and held responsibility for several UK major multiples. Prior to this, he was a national account manager at Unilever Ice Cream and Frozen Foods.
Morrison also worked in the wine industry for Grants of St. James's throughout the 1990's.
"Jason's appointment is the latest step in our ongoing recruitment and development programme," said Graham Sumeray, the company's MD. "As we grow our business, we need to grow our team with salespeople of Jason's calibre in order to be able to give our customers the attention for which we are renowned.
"Jason brings a wealth of blue-chip experience to the team, combining a drinks-business background with recent years spent in the food market."
Earlier this year, Buckingham, which handles a stable of wines including Chilean wine brand 35 South, poached Andy Rawlinson from Western Wines to become one of its national accounts managers.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review