DENMARK: Bryggerigruppen ups share through Coop
Bryggerigruppen is to produce Coop beer brands for the retail store chain Coop Danmark. The Danish brewery announced yesterday that it has signed a contract with the chain, which will see its market share in Denmark increase by 5%.
On 1 March, Bryggerigruppen's Odin beer will replace Carlsberg's store in Coop stores, the Danish brewer will begin producing Coop beer brands. Coop beer accounts for 20% of the beer sold by Coop Danmark.
The retail chain chose Bryggerigruppen over Carlsberg to produce Coop beer.
Coop Danmark operates the retail chains Kvickly xtra, Kvickly, SuperBrugsen, Dagli'Brugsen and LokalBrugsen, the subsidiaries Irma, Fakta, and Dansk Kaffekompagni, and is a subsidiary of Scandinavian retail and wholesale co-operative group Coop Norden AB.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
Hite Brewery Co. has signed a preliminary agreement to acquire Jinro....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research