DENMARK: Bryggerigruppen on course for 2003
Bryggerigruppen has reiterated its profit guidance for 2003. The Danish brewer expects pretax profit for last year to reach between DKK210m (US$35.6m) and DKK235m. The company will deliver its full-year results on 17 March.
Speaking to Dow Jones, the brewer's chief executive Poul Moeller also revealed that Bryggerigruppen is planning a major advertising campaign and new products to boost its market share. Moeller declined to say how much money the company will spend on promotion.
In January, press reports from Denmark suggested that Carlsberg was slowly losing market share in its home market. Last week reports said that Bryggerigruppen was joining forces with a brewer in Norway and one in Sweden to challenge Carlsberg's leading position in the Scandinavian markets.
In 2002, Bryggerigruppen posted pretax profit of DKK228 million and a net profit of DKK153 million from DKK2.78 billion in sales.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018