US: Brunton agrees deal to buy Mendocino estate
Californian wine producer Brunton Vineyards has agreed a deal to buy Mendocino-based Jeriko Vineyards.
Brunton, a subsidiary of US-listed Brunton Vineyards Holdings, said it has signed a letter of intent to buy Jeriko in a deal worth US$16.5m.
Brunton said the deal would be one of "several" vineyard and winery properties it is targeting for acquisition.
President Brian McGonigle said: "Jeriko Vineyards is well known for its organic wines and this acquisition allows us to compete more effectively as a well rounded producer of different types of wine."
Jeriko produces 10,000 cases of wines a year, focusing on varietals including Pinot Noir, Syrah and Sangiovese.
Meanwhile, Brunton has named former Constellation Wines executive Chester Hutchinson as senior vice president for human resources.
Given how many times the position of chief executive of Constellation Europe has changed hands recently, and the problems the company has faced in the crucial UK market, the more cynical observers mig...
Constellation Europe has unveiled a marketing campaign to promote its Robert Mondavi Californian wine brand across the UK....
Constellation Europe is marking the 40th anniversary of the Australian Hardys Nottage Hill brand with the launch of a dessert wine offering in the UK....
Rémy Cointreau has confirmed that it is looking for new deals in readiness for its exit from Maxxium....
Echo Falls has introduced two additions to its portfolio in the UK....
Crown Imports has promoted its vice president of national accounts to the position of senior vice president....
E&J Gallo has switched distributors in Sweden....
Baarsma Wine Group Holding and Constellation Europe are to strengthen their working relationship from the start of October, with a distribution deal that will see the Benelux distributor take on a lar...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends