UK: Bruichladdich whisky sales rise in 08
Scotch whisky distiller Bruichladdich has reported a 15% rise in sales for 2008, ahead of the firm's expectations.
Net sales for the year to the end of December rose to GBP7.89m (US$11.7m), compared to GBP6.86m for the previous year, the company announced this week.
Pre-tax profits rose by 42% to GBP1.07m, up from GBP750,000 in 2007.
"Despite the environment, we are forecasting continued growth" said CEO Mark Reynier, the former London wine merchant who resurrected Islay-based Bruichladdich eight years ago.
He said that the group's 2008 performance was "slightly ahead" of expectations.
The privately-owned distiller reported that operating profits, or EBIT, rose by 24% to GBP1.8m in 2008, from GBP1.45m in 2007.
Reynier added that Bruichladdich's success comes amid analyst forecasts of a fall in single malt Scotch whisky sales in 2008.
The economic downturn has impacted all consumer spending, and sales of soft drinks are no exception. But ready-to-drink tea is well positioned to be fairly resilient in this environment, due to its na...
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society, a portal for sourcing single cask, malt whisky, has expanded its global reach with the launch of a branch in India....
Ian Macleod Distillers' Glengoyne 40 Years Old...
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky and gin business of Pernod Ricard, has promoted Simon Burley to the position of brand director for Beefeater and Plymouth Gin in the UK....
The Edrington Group has launched its Black Grouse whisky in India....
Penderyn Distillery's Penderyn Port Wood Single Cask Edition...
Diageo has ceased advertising on the Glenn Beck show on the Fox News network in the US....
Whyte & Mackay's The Dalmore - Sirius...
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends