UK: Bruichladdich toasts one-third leap in FY profits
Bruichladdich has posted an almost one-third increase in full-year profits.
The UK Scotch whisky distiller said late last week that earnings before interest, depreciation, tax and goodwill provisions for the 12-months to the end of December rose to GBP1.12m (US$2.23m) from GBP932,000 a year earlier.
"This performance continues the improvement in both profitability and turnover achieved over the last 3 years," said company chairman Sir John Mactaggart.
The Islay distiller was reopened in 2001 after it was bought from Jim Beam Brands - now Beam Global Wine & Spirits - for GBP7.5m.
Last month, Bruichladdich said it was spending GBP2.5m on building a distillery on the site of a defunct distillery in Port Charlotte on Islay. The company said that it would aim to give the distillery a zero carbon footprint.
Persuading shareholders to back investment in the wine business can be a tricky challenge but AXA Millesimes has shown that if the business model is right, shareholders will embrace the idea. In this ...
The Port industry has managed to maintain volumes through a period of significant transition but growth remains hard to come by. Key to driving up sales, writes Chris Losh, will be establishing new co...
Fortune Brands has hailed its Beam Global Spirits & Wine unit for delivering record operating income for the third quarter....
Maxxium UK has teamed up with the comedy gig circuit in its latest campaign for the Scotch whisky brand Famous Grouse....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has unveiled the first national advertising campaign in the US for its Canadian Club Whisky brand in nearly 20 years....
Diageo has responded to recent reports that it is in talks with UK supermarkets to stop promotions that mark down prices to a competitive level during the holiday season....
Beam Global Spirits and Wine has announced plans to introduce a new symbol to be used on its Teacher's brand in an attempt to give the blended Scotch whisky global recognition....
Pernod Ricard, Beam Global Spirts & Wine and Diageo are in talks with supermarkets to stop seasonal 'buy one get one free' promotions in the UK, according to reports....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015