UK: Bruichladdich makes good on production pledge
Bruichladdich was taken over last year
A company spokesperson said today (28 February) that the Islay distillery has switched to a 24-hour, five-day week timetable and doubled annual output to 1.5m litres. The new schedule started a month ago, the spokeperson said.
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks last year, Bruichladdich CEO Simon Coughlin said the distillery would up production significantly to satisfy Remy's large distribution network. Remy paid GBP58m (US$90.3m) for Bruichladdich in September.
The spokesperson said today that Remy's distributors are “eager” to help out the French company's latest addition. “The only way we can address that need in the long-term is by increasing production,” the spokesperson said.
Bruichladdich is building a new warehouse on Islay to help store the extra output, the spokesperson said. It has built two in the past two years and has plans for more, he added. “We don't have to change the plant, what we have to do is increase our warehousing,” he said.
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets