UK: Bruichladdich makes good on production pledge
Bruichladdich was taken over last year
A company spokesperson said today (28 February) that the Islay distillery has switched to a 24-hour, five-day week timetable and doubled annual output to 1.5m litres. The new schedule started a month ago, the spokeperson said.
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks last year, Bruichladdich CEO Simon Coughlin said the distillery would up production significantly to satisfy Remy's large distribution network. Remy paid GBP58m (US$90.3m) for Bruichladdich in September.
The spokesperson said today that Remy's distributors are “eager” to help out the French company's latest addition. “The only way we can address that need in the long-term is by increasing production,” the spokesperson said.
Bruichladdich is building a new warehouse on Islay to help store the extra output, the spokesperson said. It has built two in the past two years and has plans for more, he added. “We don't have to change the plant, what we have to do is increase our warehousing,” he said.
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review