UK: Bruichladdich makes good on production pledge
Bruichladdich was taken over last year
A company spokesperson said today (28 February) that the Islay distillery has switched to a 24-hour, five-day week timetable and doubled annual output to 1.5m litres. The new schedule started a month ago, the spokeperson said.
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks last year, Bruichladdich CEO Simon Coughlin said the distillery would up production significantly to satisfy Remy's large distribution network. Remy paid GBP58m (US$90.3m) for Bruichladdich in September.
The spokesperson said today that Remy's distributors are “eager” to help out the French company's latest addition. “The only way we can address that need in the long-term is by increasing production,” the spokesperson said.
Bruichladdich is building a new warehouse on Islay to help store the extra output, the spokesperson said. It has built two in the past two years and has plans for more, he added. “We don't have to change the plant, what we have to do is increase our warehousing,” he said.
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends