Exclusive - UK: Bruichladdich launches distribution company
Bruichladdich is to bring its brands under one roof
Rémy Cointreau's Bruichladdich has set up its own UK distribution company, bringing the Islay distillery's Botanist Gin and Scotch brands into the same network for the first time.
The new company, Bruichladdich UK, will launch on 1 July, Bruichladdich told just-drinks today (14 July). “It's really exciting because we're able to take total control over our portfolio and bring the two sides together,” Bruichladdich commercial director Douglas Taylor said.
“It was just time for us to look after our brands, so really its a momentous and exciting time.”
Botanist is currently distributed by Gordon & MacPhail, while Blavod Wines & Spirits handles Bruichladdich's Bruichladdich, Port Charlotte and Octomore brands.
The new company will help the different brands open doors to new markets, Taylor said. “It makes sense to put them together because when you're talking to one customer about the Botanist you can then introduce Bruichladdich and vice versa,” he said.
Blavod's chairman, meanwhile, praised his company's four-year distribution deal with Bruichladdich.
“We enjoyed good growth in sales and maintained strong premium pricing and broad distribution,” Don Goulding said.
The Blavod and Bruichladdich distribution agreement ends on 1 July.
Rémy paid GBP58m (US$90.3m) for Bruichladdich in September. The distillery has since doubled its annual output.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research