Exclusive - UK: Bruichladdich launches distribution company
Bruichladdich is to bring its brands under one roof
Rémy Cointreau's Bruichladdich has set up its own UK distribution company, bringing the Islay distillery's Botanist Gin and Scotch brands into the same network for the first time.
The new company, Bruichladdich UK, will launch on 1 July, Bruichladdich told just-drinks today (14 July). “It's really exciting because we're able to take total control over our portfolio and bring the two sides together,” Bruichladdich commercial director Douglas Taylor said.
“It was just time for us to look after our brands, so really its a momentous and exciting time.”
Botanist is currently distributed by Gordon & MacPhail, while Blavod Wines & Spirits handles Bruichladdich's Bruichladdich, Port Charlotte and Octomore brands.
The new company will help the different brands open doors to new markets, Taylor said. “It makes sense to put them together because when you're talking to one customer about the Botanist you can then introduce Bruichladdich and vice versa,” he said.
Blavod's chairman, meanwhile, praised his company's four-year distribution deal with Bruichladdich.
“We enjoyed good growth in sales and maintained strong premium pricing and broad distribution,” Don Goulding said.
The Blavod and Bruichladdich distribution agreement ends on 1 July.
Rémy paid GBP58m (US$90.3m) for Bruichladdich in September. The distillery has since doubled its annual output.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015