Exclusive - UK: Bruichladdich launches distribution company
Bruichladdich is to bring its brands under one roof
Rémy Cointreau's Bruichladdich has set up its own UK distribution company, bringing the Islay distillery's Botanist Gin and Scotch brands into the same network for the first time.
The new company, Bruichladdich UK, will launch on 1 July, Bruichladdich told just-drinks today (14 July). “It's really exciting because we're able to take total control over our portfolio and bring the two sides together,” Bruichladdich commercial director Douglas Taylor said.
“It was just time for us to look after our brands, so really its a momentous and exciting time.”
Botanist is currently distributed by Gordon & MacPhail, while Blavod Wines & Spirits handles Bruichladdich's Bruichladdich, Port Charlotte and Octomore brands.
The new company will help the different brands open doors to new markets, Taylor said. “It makes sense to put them together because when you're talking to one customer about the Botanist you can then introduce Bruichladdich and vice versa,” he said.
Blavod's chairman, meanwhile, praised his company's four-year distribution deal with Bruichladdich.
“We enjoyed good growth in sales and maintained strong premium pricing and broad distribution,” Don Goulding said.
The Blavod and Bruichladdich distribution agreement ends on 1 July.
Rémy paid GBP58m (US$90.3m) for Bruichladdich in September. The distillery has since doubled its annual output.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report