Exclusive - UK: Bruichladdich launches distribution company
Bruichladdich is to bring its brands under one roof
Rémy Cointreau's Bruichladdich has set up its own UK distribution company, bringing the Islay distillery's Botanist Gin and Scotch brands into the same network for the first time.
The new company, Bruichladdich UK, will launch on 1 July, Bruichladdich told just-drinks today (14 July). “It's really exciting because we're able to take total control over our portfolio and bring the two sides together,” Bruichladdich commercial director Douglas Taylor said.
“It was just time for us to look after our brands, so really its a momentous and exciting time.”
Botanist is currently distributed by Gordon & MacPhail, while Blavod Wines & Spirits handles Bruichladdich's Bruichladdich, Port Charlotte and Octomore brands.
The new company will help the different brands open doors to new markets, Taylor said. “It makes sense to put them together because when you're talking to one customer about the Botanist you can then introduce Bruichladdich and vice versa,” he said.
Blavod's chairman, meanwhile, praised his company's four-year distribution deal with Bruichladdich.
“We enjoyed good growth in sales and maintained strong premium pricing and broad distribution,” Don Goulding said.
The Blavod and Bruichladdich distribution agreement ends on 1 July.
Rémy paid GBP58m (US$90.3m) for Bruichladdich in September. The distillery has since doubled its annual output.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Soft Drinks Has The Bottle to Cut Sugar - Comment
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research