UK: Bruichladdich announces final release in Legacy Series
Bruichladdich Distillery has announced the launch of its sixth and final annual release of Legacy whisky.
The company said today (21 September) that the final Legacy was bottled naturally at the distillery on Islay, from bourbon casks, the release is limited to 1,704 numbered bottles.
Bruichladdich production director Jim McEwan said: "It's a cracking dram - as can often be the case when 'the whole' is even better than the individual component casks. It makes for a sensationally compelling whisky. I could say it's quality is down to it's venerable age, the Master Distillers' skills, the art of marrying casks...but frankly it was a no-brainer. There just wasn't enough in some casks to warrant bottling alone. Sure, we have more great old casks, but we have new ideas for these. It will be a real shame if folk merely 'collect' this legacy of Legacy, I truly hope it will be savoured too - that's what it's really for."
The final Legacy bottle will retail at GBP200 (US$403).
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Recent deals by both Diageo and Edrington underline the growth potential major spirits companies see in the premium rum market. Jessica Harvey examines the latest moves in the context of a growing and...
Harviestoun Brewery has lined up the launch of its line of beers aged in Scotch whisky casks for the UK....
Inver House Distillers has announced plans to launch a limited edition bottling of its 40-year-old Hankey Bannister blended Scotch whisky timed to coincide with its 250th anniversary....
William Grant & Sons has lined up a sizeable investment for a packaging revamp of its flagship Grant's Scotch whisky brand....
Pernod Ricard Asia Duty Free has launched a promotion in airports within the Asia Pacific region for the group's Ballantine's Scotch whisky brand....
Chivas Brothers has unveiled plans to increase its operations facilities in Scotland by expanding The Glenlivet Distillery and re-opening the Braeval Distillery....
Chivas Brothers has repositioned the Ballantine's 12 Year Old, as part of its strategic investment plan to "rejuvenate the brand"....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- ForEx bites, but Heineken hails strong 2016
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends