US: Brugal Añejo Rum gets a makeover
Shaw-Ross International Importers has said it has returned the packing for its Brugal Añejo Rum brand to an "authentic" design.
The "classic" look for the new Añejo package brings the brand back to its Caribbean roots, where Brugal Rum was first bottled and will be on shelves in January, the firm said on Friday (14 November).
The package is the version offered throughout the Caribbean, where Brugal is the top selling brand of Rum, and comprises of the brand's familiar yellow net.
Additionally, Shaw-Ross has announced plans to launch Brugal Extra Viejo in February 2009. The super-premium Brugal Extra Viejo has been widely sought by US consumers, the company said.
"Both the Brugal Añejo packaging change and the launch of Brugal Extra Viejo effectively position the Brugal brand for future growth within the premium Rum segment," said Rod Simmons, US brand manager for Brugal Rum with Shaw-Ross.
Already a growth spirits category, the rum sector is unquestionably made all the more interesting for the presence of Havana Club. In this month's just the answer, Olly Wehring spoke with Marc Beuve-M...
Bacardi US has expanded its ready-to-drink portfolio with the inclusion of a Classic Cocktail Raspberry Mojito....
Havana Club International has unveiled a revamp of the packaging for its seven-year-old Havana Club rum variant....
JD Wetherspoon, the UK pub chain, has reported a 0.5% rise in like-for-like sales in its fiscal third quarter....
Pernod Ricard's Malibu drink is to be the official spirits sponsor of the 2009 Association of Volleyball Professionals Crocs Tour....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a flavour extension to its Malibu rum brand in the US....
Burn Stewart Distillers has secured a sales and distribution agreement in the UK with J. Wray & Nephew for the 'modern' on-trade....
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau has joined the growing list of drinks companies decrying de-stocking by wholesalers, after seeing sales slip by 11.6% for its fiscal full-year....
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report