US: Bruce Willis acquires Belvedere stake
Belvedere has strengthened its relationship with Bruce Willis, selling him a 3.3% stake in the troubled wine and spirits firm.
The sale, for an undisclosed sum, will not result in Willis taking a seat on Belvedere's board, Dow Jones said today (22 December), due to "technical reasons", according to company head, Jacques Rouvroy.
As part of the deal, Willis will promote Belvedere's Sobieski vodka brand in North America in a "multi-year" agreement.
In April, Belvedere initially announced its partnership with Willis, which sees the actor appear in a Sobieski advertising campaign and at events in selected markets throughout Europe and China.
Belvedere has had a tough 2009, having only gained approval for a relaunch plan last month. The firm was placed under bankruptcy protection in France in July 2008.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites