US: Bruce Willis acquires Belvedere stake
Belvedere has strengthened its relationship with Bruce Willis, selling him a 3.3% stake in the troubled wine and spirits firm.
The sale, for an undisclosed sum, will not result in Willis taking a seat on Belvedere's board, Dow Jones said today (22 December), due to "technical reasons", according to company head, Jacques Rouvroy.
As part of the deal, Willis will promote Belvedere's Sobieski vodka brand in North America in a "multi-year" agreement.
In April, Belvedere initially announced its partnership with Willis, which sees the actor appear in a Sobieski advertising campaign and at events in selected markets throughout Europe and China.
Belvedere has had a tough 2009, having only gained approval for a relaunch plan last month. The firm was placed under bankruptcy protection in France in July 2008.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends