OBITUARY: Bruce Guimaraens of Fonseca
Bruce Guimaraens, one of the Port industry's most prominent personalities, has died at the age of 66 from a heart attack on 22 August 2002. Bruce Duncan Guimaraens was born in October 1935, the great-great grandson of Manuel Pedro Guimaraens, who founded the house of Fonseca Guimaraens in 1822. Son of Cathleen May and Charles Bruce Fonseca Guimaraens, he began life a stone's throw from his family's Port lodges in Vila Nova de Gaia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits