Product Launch - US: Brown-Forman's Tequila Herradura Coleccion de la Casa, Reserva 2012
Click through to view Brown-Forman's Tequila Herradura Coleccion de la Casa, Reserva 2012
Brown-Forman's Tequila Herradura Coleccion de la Casa, Reserva 2012
Category - Spirits, Tequila, reposado, 40% abv
Available - From this month, limited to 2,000 cases
Location - US, off-trade, also a limited number of units in Mexico
Price - SRP of US$89.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Brown-Forman
Brown-Forman has launched a new series of small-batch Tequilas from its Herradura brand in the US. Coleccion de la Casa, Reserva 2012 is a Port cask-finished, reposado Tequila, produced from blue agave.
A total of 2,000 cases will be available, with an addition to the collection lined up annually.
Last month, Brown-Forman posted results for the nine months to the end of January, during which time Herradura posted a 22% year-on-year leap in net sales.
Tequila Herradura today announced the release of the first of a series of small-batch tequilas, Coleccion de la Casa, Reserva 2012, Port Cask Finish. Each year, a new tequila will be released that will offer consumers a one-of-a-kind experience. The inaugural product, Coleccion de la Casa, Reserva 2012 is a port cask finished reposado tequila that acquires its complex body and extraordinary smooth taste from resting in two different types of oak casks.
Crafted by Master Distiller Maria Teresa Lara, Casa Herradura uses the finest blue agave, traditional production methods and a proprietary fermentation from naturally occurring wild yeast to create a tequila of unparalleled quality. The tequila is then rested in medium-char American oak casks for eleven months and then transferred to hand-selected vintage port casks from the renowned Duoro Valley in Portugal for an additional two months of aging. The double-maturation process accentuates the notes of cooked agave, increases complexity and delivers a nose of dried fruit and ripe plum infused with hints of cinnamon, caramel and chocolate.
"Coleccion de la Casa is part of our longstanding exploration to innovate within the category and it fills a niche for tequila aficionados looking for something truly unique," said Ann Stickler, VP & MD of Tequilas, Brown-Forman. "We are able to pioneer new ways of making small batch tequilas and experiment with concepts that complement our traditional production process because of our heritage and expertise in crafting the finest tequilas for over 140 years."
"The first of our innovative barrel finish concepts, Port Cask Finish, complements Tequila Herradura Reposado's award-winning taste profile while adding a new dimension of flavor. The result is a perfectly balanced blend and a new style of tequila," said Tequila Herradura's Master Distiller Maria Teresa Lara.
This is the newest offering in a legacy of innovation. Casa Herradura has been handcrafting the world's finest tequilas for over 140 years. Credited with inventing the reposado expression in 1974 and the extra anejo expression in 1995, Casa Herradura continues to push the boundaries of tequila, while balancing a respect for traditional processes.
Coleccion de la Casa-Port Cask Finish will be available at fine wine and spirits stores in April. A limited quantity will be available in Mexico. Each 750 ml. Only 2,000 cases are available with a suggested retail price of $89.99.
Original source: Company Release
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends