Brown-Forman's Old Forester Distillery opening delayed "several months"
The opening of Brown Forman's Old Forester Distillery will be delayed by several months
Completion of Brown-Forman's Old Forester Distillery will be delayed by "several months", following a fire in nearby buildings.
Construction of the Louisville site has begun today and earlier this month, the company told just-drinks that its plans remained unchanged following the fire on 'Whiskey Row'. A statement from the company today, however, said the distillery "would now be completed and open for business in 2017, a delay of several months from the previously-anticipated schedule".
The new Old Forester Distillery, located at 117-119 West Main Street, is the subject of a US$45m investment and was initially scheduled to open towards the end of next year.It will include fermentation, distilling, barrel making, filling and dumping, and bottling.
The facility will allow the company to double its current production of Old Forester.
Brown-Forman Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends