US: Brown-Forman unveils Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bottle
Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby special edition
Brown-Forman is launching a commemorative bottle of its Woodford rReserve brand for 2010 Kentucky Derby.
The 2010 bottle features the work of Louisville-based artist Jeaneen Barnhart.
Barnhart's work depicts Kentucky Derby racehorses as they race toward the finish line. The artist's signature adorns the neck of the bottle, and an attached neck tag bears information about the artist and product.
The limited edition litre-size bottle will be available in early April in 42 US states at a suggested retail price of US$42.99.
"As a proud supporter of horse racing, it is fitting that Woodford Reserve has been selected once again as the ‘Official Bourbon of the Kentucky Derby,' America's most prestigious horse race," said Laura Petry, Woodford Reserve brand manager.
Consumers can also enter into Woodford Reserve's Kentucky Derby Sweepstakes with a chance to win a VIP trip to the 2011 Kentucky Derby.
It is the twelfth year in a row Woodford Reserve Bourbon has been selected as the "Official Bourbon of Kentucky Derby." It also sponsors a Grade I race, the Woodford Reserve Turf Classic, which is run on Derby Day, 1 May 2010.
Brown-Forman has lined up a television advertising push in the US for the lime-flavoured RTD variant of its Southern Comfort brand....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends