GLOBAL: Brown-Forman unveils new Tequila el Jimador bottle
Click through to view the new bottle
Brown-Forman has redesigned its Tequila el Jimador bottle to help make it stand out in a crowded category.
The revamp, which will cover all el Jimador's markets, includes a “sleeker” bottle shape and an embossed illustration of the Jimador icon, Brown-Forman said yesterday (18 November). It will give the Tequila “a new premium look to match the quality of the product”, according to the company.
"With more than 1,300 Tequila brands in the marketplace, consumers are faced with many options making packaging an important and differentiating aspect,” said Jesus Ostos, brand manager for Tequila el Jimador. “By revamping our bottle design, we are aligning our packaging with our great tasting liquid and making it more relevant to consumers.”
The new bottle will roll out to the US this month, with other markets, including the UK, to follow early next year, a Brown-Forman spokesperson told just-drinks today.
In Brown-Forman's Q1 results, released in August, Jimador increased sales by 2% year-on-year, with the group saying the marketplace for mainstream Tequilas “remained competitive”.
The company is due to release its first-half results on December 4.
Brown-Forman Corp in Spirits (World)
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...read more
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
Brown-Forman Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review