US: Brown-Forman Trusts to sell shares
Brown-Forman Corporation said it has been advised that two trusts that own stock in the company would be up to 1.2m shares in the company.
Trustees for the W.L. Lyons Brown, Jr. Trust and the Ina Brown Bond Trust have each entered into a Rule 10b5-1 trading plan to sell shares of the non-voting Class B Common Stock of the Company.
The trading plan for the W.L. Lyons Brown, Jr. Trust provides for the sale of up to 800,000 Class B Common shares, and the trading plan for the Ina Brown Bond Trust provides for the sale of up to 400,000 Class B Common shares.
Ina Brown Bond, a director of Brown-Forman, and W.L. Lyons Brown, Jr., the CEO until his retirement in 1993, are two of the contingent beneficiaries of the trusts.
The company was informed that sales under the trading plans will be made by the trustees for liquidity and investment diversification purposes.
Brown informed the company that he expects the W.L. Lyons Brown, Jr. Trust further to diversify its holdings by selling up to another 1.2m Class B shares over the next two years, to the extent economic and political conditions warrant. Bond also advised the Company that she sold 94,000 Class B Common shares on October 4, 2004. She advised the company that this sale also was for liquidity and investment diversification purposes.
Brown-Forman has signed its first Southern Hemisphere wine....
Brown-Forman has announced the next step in its succession plan....
US wine and spirits group, Brown-Forman, has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 24.50 cents per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock, following a board meeting....
Brown-Forman has reported earnings growth of 21% for its fiscal year to 30 April....
The US wines and spirits company, Brown-Forman, has launched its vodka brand, Finlandia, in India. Along with the core brand, three flavoured versions of Finlandia are also to be made available on the...
A bidding war for Allied Domecq looks more likely after Constellation Brands confirmed yesterday that it has approached the Bristol-based spirits company about launching a bid to rival that of Pernod ...
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends