US: Brown-Forman to upgrade Woodford Reserve visitor centre
Brown-Forman has announced another investment
Brown-Forman has said it will spend US$1.5m renovating the visitor centre at its Woodford Reserve Bourbon distillery.
The investment at the Versailles, Kentucky site will go towards a tasting room, upgrades to the site's retail space and “aesthetic improvements”, Brown-Forman said yesterday (24 October). Construction will start next month.
Chris Morris, Woodford Reserve's master distiller, said the upgrade is to help cope with increased visitor numbers driven by higher global demand for Bourbon.
“We believe the interest in Bourbon tourism will continue, and we’re enhancing our homeplace to continue providing an engaging visitor experience,” Morris said.
Woodford Reserve was launched in 1996, and the Woodford Reserve Distillery opened the same year. Visitor numbers last year reached 135,000, Brown-Forman said.
The visitor centre upgrade follows the announcement in August of a $100m investment in Brown-Forman's Jack Daniel's distillery. The money will increase capacity at the Tennessee plant as demand for the brand continues to increase.
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
Florida Ice & Farm Co (FIFCO) has appointed a former Brown-Forman chief marketing officer to lead its North American Breweries (NAB) unit. ...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research