US: Brown-Forman to upgrade Woodford Reserve visitor centre
Brown-Forman has announced another investment
Brown-Forman has said it will spend US$1.5m renovating the visitor centre at its Woodford Reserve Bourbon distillery.
The investment at the Versailles, Kentucky site will go towards a tasting room, upgrades to the site's retail space and “aesthetic improvements”, Brown-Forman said yesterday (24 October). Construction will start next month.
Chris Morris, Woodford Reserve's master distiller, said the upgrade is to help cope with increased visitor numbers driven by higher global demand for Bourbon.
“We believe the interest in Bourbon tourism will continue, and we’re enhancing our homeplace to continue providing an engaging visitor experience,” Morris said.
Woodford Reserve was launched in 1996, and the Woodford Reserve Distillery opened the same year. Visitor numbers last year reached 135,000, Brown-Forman said.
The visitor centre upgrade follows the announcement in August of a $100m investment in Brown-Forman's Jack Daniel's distillery. The money will increase capacity at the Tennessee plant as demand for the brand continues to increase.
Florida Ice & Farm Co (FIFCO) has appointed a former Brown-Forman chief marketing officer to lead its North American Breweries (NAB) unit. ...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China