FRANCE: Brown-Forman to take distribution in-house
Brown-Forman is looking to boost the profile of Jack Daniel's in France
Brown-Forman has announced plans to set up its own distribution company in France.
The US group will end its contract with Bacardi Martini France - its current distributor in the country – at the end of this year, the company said today (17 January). Its new distribution company will then become effective on 1 January, 2014.
“We believe that establishing our own distribution company in France will further the growth of the Jack Daniel’s trademark and, additionally, support the development of our broader premium brand portfolio in this important market," said Mark McCallum, Brown-Forman's EAE (Europe, African and Eurasia)/APAC (Asia-Pacific) president.
The company has been growing its volumes in France, the world's third largest whiskey market, at a double-digit annual rate since 2005, it said.
Brown-Forman already has full-owned sales and marketing operations in the US, Germany, Australia, Poland, Mexico, China, South Korea, Brazil, the Czech Republic and Taiwan.
Last month the company reported a 16% jump in first-half net profits to US$320.5m.
A recent bout of activity in the Cognac region - from investment to divestment - suggests lively times ahead for the brandy and Cognac category. Ian Buxton looks at the headlines, and sees his eye bei...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
A study, conducted by brand valuation agency Brand Finance, has ranked the world's biggest drinks brands by their value. We've compiled the top 20 into a table below:...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets