FRANCE: Brown-Forman to take distribution in-house
Brown-Forman is looking to boost the profile of Jack Daniel's in France
Brown-Forman has announced plans to set up its own distribution company in France.
The US group will end its contract with Bacardi Martini France - its current distributor in the country – at the end of this year, the company said today (17 January). Its new distribution company will then become effective on 1 January, 2014.
“We believe that establishing our own distribution company in France will further the growth of the Jack Daniel’s trademark and, additionally, support the development of our broader premium brand portfolio in this important market," said Mark McCallum, Brown-Forman's EAE (Europe, African and Eurasia)/APAC (Asia-Pacific) president.
The company has been growing its volumes in France, the world's third largest whiskey market, at a double-digit annual rate since 2005, it said.
Brown-Forman already has full-owned sales and marketing operations in the US, Germany, Australia, Poland, Mexico, China, South Korea, Brazil, the Czech Republic and Taiwan.
Last month the company reported a 16% jump in first-half net profits to US$320.5m.
A recent bout of activity in the Cognac region - from investment to divestment - suggests lively times ahead for the brandy and Cognac category. Ian Buxton looks at the headlines, and sees his eye bei...
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
A study, conducted by brand valuation agency Brand Finance, has ranked the world's biggest drinks brands by their value. We've compiled the top 20 into a table below:...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015