US: Brown-Forman to say goodbye to Jack Daniel's production chief
Brown-Forman shipped about 11m nine-litre cases of Jack Daniel's last year
Tommy Beam, who joined Brown-Forman in 1965, will be replaced on 31 July by Larry Combs, the head of the group's technical services, the company said yesterday (9 April).
“Larry has demonstrated excellent leadership ability and we believe is the ideal person to take on the responsibility of managing the productions operations of our largest and most important brand,” a Brown-Forman spokesperson said.
In year-to-date results last month, Brown-Forman said strong global demand for its North American whiskey helped it post sales and profits increases.
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director