US: Brown-Forman to say goodbye to Jack Daniel's production chief
Brown-Forman shipped about 11m nine-litre cases of Jack Daniel's last year
Tommy Beam, who joined Brown-Forman in 1965, will be replaced on 31 July by Larry Combs, the head of the group's technical services, the company said yesterday (9 April).
“Larry has demonstrated excellent leadership ability and we believe is the ideal person to take on the responsibility of managing the productions operations of our largest and most important brand,” a Brown-Forman spokesperson said.
In year-to-date results last month, Brown-Forman said strong global demand for its North American whiskey helped it post sales and profits increases.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts