US: Brown-Forman to repurchase shares
Distiller in share buy-back
Jack Daniel whiskey distiller Brown-Forman is to repurchase US$250m of shares.
Up to $250m of outstanding class A and class B common shares are to be repurchased by 1 December, the firm said yesterday (8 June).
"Recognising the company’s future growth opportunities, we think now is a great time for us to use our strong financial position to invest in Brown-Forman,” said Paul Varga, CEO of the group, which also owns Southern Comfort whiskey and Finlandia vodka.
Brown-Forman will report its full-year results today at 10:00 ET.
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Soft Drinks & Water - Russia in Turmoil
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- Diageo opens Guinness Brewhouse No 4 in Dublin
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- WSTA elects Pernod UK chief as chairman