US: Brown-Forman to re-launch Old Forester
In comparison with Jack Daniel's, which accounts for 48% of Brown-Forman's sales, Old Forester has been a lower priority for the group in recent years. In 2001, shipments stood at 135,000 cases, with the brand accounting for 1% of the US bourbon market. Jack Daniel's, though not actually a bourbon, has around 28% of the market.
The re-launch kicks off with the introduction of a limited edition variant, Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, on September 2, the birthday of the company's founder. Meanwhile, an ad campaign with the tagline "Nothing Better" will break in August.
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Brown-Forman Corporation has elected Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne to the company's board of directors....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018